Saturday, June 23, 2012

our new-to-us favoritest thing ever

My parents are putting their house up for sale this fall, so they are getting rid of everything. Ryan and I mostly just wanted their record player. And all we had to do was ask, and it was ours!! No bribing or anything. Guess the ol' record player isn't as hot of a commodity to everyone else as it is to me :)

So we brought home our new addition this past weekend, and it was love at first sound. Well, at least for me. Ryan said, "Uh, it's a little crackle-y." Apparently he'd never heard a record before, so I had to explain that that was kind of the whole point of having it. He loves it too though, don't let that fool you.
Hello love.
We've been pretty much listening to records non-stop since we brought it home. And I dance around with a huge smile on my face. Except for when I played a Johnny Cash 45 at the speed for a 33, and we were all, "AHHHH!!! What's wrong with it?!"
We took lots of my parents' (er, my dad's) records too! Oh yeah!
We bought this Beatles album collection at a flea market a few weekends ago, and it's definitely one of my favorites, even if the album cover is not in the best shape. It's all their hits from 1967-1970...so it's perfection to say the least.




Speaking of me being born in the wrong era, will someone please buy me this?
It's a little rough on the outside, but it's running and has a sun roof and is red and beautiful and my dream come true. I would get it myself, but it's slightly outside of our current budget for a VW bus, which is...$0.00.
Shoot.
Come to think of it, any VW bus you want to buy me will be great. Like, literally the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. So great that it might even convince me to move back to Michigan after Ryan is done with the Navy, since I get to pick where we live after that (wink wink.)

2 comments:

  1. What? You got the record player??????? JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Julie- you snooze you lose as Dad says.

    We have the kid one or else I would have snagged that one too. I will love records forever and had to be sure my girls knew what records were.

    Salvation Army has tons of records for $1 I think. I got several there before if there is ever anything in particular you're looking for I can take a peek for you.

    ReplyDelete