Thursday, June 7, 2012

sneaky peeky

I picked up some crap from the street the other day.

I like to call it "crap from the street" because it reminds me of Friends. The episode where they find out that Phoebe was the one who mugged Ross when he was younger. And Ross is mostly upset because she took his backpack, and inside of it was Ross' comic book he was making, "Science Boy." So, Phoebe goes looking through her stuff and she finds the comic book in a box labeled, you guessed it, "Crap from the Streets." She brings it to Ross and says something like, "You'll never guess what I found!" and he looks at the box and gasps, "CRAP FROM THE STREET!"
It's the best.
I couldn't find a video clip of it, so hopefully my awesome description painted a beautiful picture of the scene in your mind.



 Anyways...back to my story...I always see junk sitting out on the curb, and want to take it home. Transform it into something beautiful. I don't see it as junk, I see "a little paint here, some tweaking there...and voila!"
Ryan sees junk. And he never lets me take anything. (Which is surprising, because Ryan actually loves junky stuff.)

That is, until he found out my creativity was being stifled. And now he's super supportive of me making a total mess of our tiny apartment. Whoops.
 (It came up when I mentioned how I can't wait to have my own space to create. I wasn't a total whiny brat and randomly one day shouted, "You're stifling me!!!")

Yeah, so the other day, someone down the street from us was moving out. They put all their broken or unwanted pieces of junk out on the curb. Next to their trash cans. And I...I found some treasures. Oooo, baby. I'm so excited about my crap from the street!

I've been crafting for the past two days. Making someone else's trash into our treasures. I'm almost done with my projects, but I thought I'd give you all a little sneak peek.
Ooooooo!! I love it so much already.

Hey this totally matches my blog.
Miiiight be my favorite color scheme.

Stay tuned for the finished products!

2 comments:

  1. perked my interest. looking forward to see what it actually is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, no fair! I want to see now.

    Loved the part about you not being a brat.

    ReplyDelete