Sunday, June 24, 2012

philly bucket list: marathon grill

We've been doing pretty good at crossing things off on our Philly bucket list. Whenever we have a free Saturday morning or afternoon, we try to cross at least one thing off.

A couple of weeks ago, I got home from babysitting and/or nannying later than usual, and didn't have much time to get dinner together. So we walked up the street to our neighborhood Marathon Grill. It was really nice outside and they have al-fresco seating there, so we got to eat outside and enjoying the lovely spring weather. [Okay, so maybe it was more than a couple of weeks ago. Haha.]

I'm actually not sure why we put this on our bucket list, or rather why we both wanted to go there. We were kind of expecting to menu to be a little boring, plain ol'traditional american garb. But then we looked at the menu, and it was like, "Dagron, this food sounds awesome!" It was all locally-grown this, organic that, interesting combinations and fancy-schmany stuff like that. So our expectations went from 0 to 100 in like 15 seconds.
Oooo, symmetry
Then we got our food, and we were slightly disappointed after we shot our hopes through the roof. I'm sure we would have been thrilled if we hadn't got our expectations so high after scanning the menu. We got cheesesteak wontons for appetizer, I got a burger and Ryan got meatloaf or pot roast...or something. Actually the cheesesteak wontons were thebombdotcom.
Cheesesteak Wontons. Get in my belly.

Marathon Grill: Check!

Also, I've changed my mind on that VW Bus. DON'T YOU WORRY, WE STILL WANT ONE LIKE NONE OTHER. But after looking at the ones that are available in Southern California, we've decided to just wait until we move there to get our dream car...er, van thing. Oh, didn't I tell you? We've decided the Navy will place us in San Diego, mostly because they are taking forever to tell us where Ryan will be placed post graduation, so I'm taking matters into my own hands and telling them where he will be placed. That's how that stuff works, right?

Currently playing on the record player: John Denver, "Poems, Prayers, & Promises"
I think I might always end my posts with "currently playing on the record player." Maybe. Not sure yet. I kind of just do what I want here...so...yeah.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you , thank you, thank you for using "Dagron" in this post. I was on a delivery for JJ's last week, and this guy had a Trogdor shirt on and i was like, "Hey man I'm delivering to, You're awesome!" and then I also decided that i really wanted to bring back the phrase "dagron" even though that phrase really only existed between you, me, and lindsay, but still. haha. all that to say thank you, and you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I read your status about that or something. Because I was randomly thinking how strange it was that we said "Dagron." And I bet a lot of people had no idea what we meant. And then I decided I wanted to bring it back. So...so far we have 2 people on board.

      Delete
  2. San Diego, that would be cool. Is there a list of places that are possibilities or could it just be anywhere on the planet? That would drive me bonkers not knowing where my next move would be.

    I want to know whats on the record player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's kind of a list...obviously it has to be somewhere where there is a Naval Base. And there's certain places that Ryan isn't "eligible" for yet. But other than that it's pretty wide open. We should know in a couple of months, so at least we'll get like 8 months to prep for it. That's not too bad. I would die if we didn't find out until a month before or something!

      Delete