Monday, February 7, 2011

dog

I don't like to blog when I don't feel inspired to blog. When I don't have words that I want to share. Because then it feels forced. And it comes off as dull. That's no fun. So forgive me about my slightly lacking posts as of late...

We got a dog, as you saw in my latest you capture post.
He's a mutt, so we have no idea what to expect with him. But surprises are fun, right? Right?
His name is Drake. He was already named when we got him, but we thought about changing it. Picking a name that rhymed would be easy, because then he wouldn't have to relearn his name so much...Blake? Eww. Flake? Ha, you have got to be kidding me. Rake? Okay, then I was just getting silly. So then I suggested Duke. It was close enough to Drake that he would be able to 'make the change' fairly easily. But then I remembered Ryan's fondness for calling things dookie, so I knew Duke would quickly be called Dukie and that's a no-go. So then I thought, well, how about Harley? It's not at all like Drake, but I kind of like that name. And Ryan liked it to. So it was decided. Harley it is.

And then we met him. And he was a Drake. The name fits him well. So all that work for nothing. Sigh, my life is so hard.

I've been trying for over a week now to get a good picture of the little guy to introduce him to the blogworld properly. But after several photoshoots, with results like these:



I was quickly losing hope. Luckily for you, I didn't give up [Luckily for Drake as well, because he clearly loooves my photoshoots.] However, I really don't think the pictures that I did manage to get his face in capture him well. He is quite the goofy little guy. Like, I wish I could have gotten a picture of him with his big dopey ears. We love his big ears! He typically has one sticking up and one folded over. Cutest thing ever? Pretty much. He also has some pretty great puppy dog eyes, and boy does he know how to work 'em. But of course, he won't let me capture them, so you'll just have to trust me on that.

He's also such a cuddler. We spend our morning snuggled up on the couch. I would take pictures of that, but duh, I'm a little busy snuggling with a puppy. And that's way better than ticking him off with my camera. Actually, it's way better than most things I can think of to fill my morning with.

We (or I, depending on how much school work Ryan has) take him to the dog park everyday. He is brave enough to run up to the big dogs and get them interested in him, but still too much of a wuss that as soon as a dog notices him he runs back and quivers behind my legs. And then I have these huge dogs running over and crashing into me. Thank you, Drake.
So...that's Drake! Consider yourself introduced to the blogworld, pup!

Also, today at the dog park, I saw a dog climb a tree.
A dog.
Climbed a tree.
It was nuts. And she was supposed to do it, her owner had her trained to. And every so often, she would just run over and climb it, and you look over and see her little face peaking through the branches. I was seriously like, "Uh...is this really happening?"

2 comments:

  1. Love ALL the pics. Hilarious. Sounds like you are having great fun with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nan! After asking for pup pics I seemingly forget to check your blog for a few days. How silly of me.

    He looks like a good fit. I loved all the bad shots. Reminds me of how Nicky despised the camera.

    ReplyDelete