Thursday, February 17, 2011

mini deep dish pizzas

I think I should start asking for money in all my posts.
Cause apparently you all want to give me stuff.
So...lemme send my address along and you guys can send me some moolah. And by some, I mean a lot. Like pay for this month's rent please?
Deal?
Sweet.

(I'm not going to that concert, I really would only go for Ryan's sake. Because he loves concerts. And I don't really. So I'm always on the look out for ones that I would somewhat enjoy so we can go together. And turns out that concert was at a restaurant-type venue. So you have to pay the money to get in, and then you have to sit down and order food? What kind of concert is that? But I am on the look out for their next shows in Philly. I think they come here fairly often.)

Moving on.
I love to cook.
Okay. You caught me. Sometimes I love to cook. Other times, I walk to the corner and pick up a Chicken Parm grinder from Little John's Pizza.
I have two loves when it comes to cooking. Cooking. Not Baking. Because if it was baking...well, I have too many loves to count.

One: Pizza Dough.
Dude. You can do like, anything, with pizza dough. I love it. Plus it's only 99 cents at your local TJ's, so duh I'm gonna use it all the time. Oh and they sell regular, whole wheat and garlic herb. Fantastic.
[Is absolutely loving to eat pizza dough only a Sannes-sister trait? Ryan thinks I'm crazy but I could seriously eat a whole bag of the stuff.]

Two: My Cupcake Pan.
Now you're probably asking yourself, "Hold on a second, I thought baking was out the picture?" It is. I also cook with my cupcake pan. I mean, hello? What ISN'T cuter as a mini? Mini-lasagnas. Mini-meatloafs. [I know that should be loaves, but i don't approve of the word "meatloaves"] Mini-quiches. Mini-cakes. Oh wait. No baking, that's right. Anyways, the possibilities are nearly-limitless.

It was only a matter of time before I mixed my two cooking loves. This week, I made mini-deep dish pizzas. They were pretty good, but I already have ways to improve them for next time.

First I rolled out the dough. [The thinner the better] Then let it reach room temperature.
While the dough was warming I had chopped the "toppings" (mushrooms, onions, roasted red peppers and spinach) and sauteed the onions and spinach. I say "toppings" because they don't really end up on the top, so really they should be like middleings or something.
Then, this took several attempts, I filled each cupcake tin with pizza dough.

Cook for 10ish minutes at whatever temperature I felt like. 350? 375? 425? Eh, doesn't really matter.
(In the future, I will bake the dough a little first and then stuff the cups. I ended up having to hollow out a lot of the dough after baking)

Then I filled each pizza shell with sauce, toppings, cheese and spices.
Bake until the cheese is nice and golden on the edges.

Serve with a side salad, and voila! Delicious little dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, YUMMMMM. Very creative Nance!

    So, you mean to tell me that not everyone likes doughs of all kinds? That's nuts, I don't believe it. The flour, the yeast, the squishiness...how could you not love dough??? If there are people out there who don't like dough, they are the weird ones (aaahem, Ryan).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the dough thing....gimme some....whatever kind, pie dough, bread dough, biscuit dough, cookie batter, cake batter, cobbler gooh, I LOVE it all. Dad doesn't really like dough so I believe it is a Chamberlin thing because we all love dough. Nice job on your dinner. Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete