Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Zooey Deschanel. Yes, again.

I know I just gushed over Adele, but have no fear. I'm still madly obsessed with Zooey Deschanel. She actually has me considering growing my hair long again. Well, not she per se, but pictures of her have me considering it.
I've been spending an embarassing amount of my time looking at pictures of Zooey recently, mostly because the trailers for her new fall show, New Girl, have me so excited and I need more of Zooey in my life until the show premieres.
Have you seen the commercials for it? Check out this trailer:


I'm in love with her little theme song for herself ("Whose that girl? It's Jess!") and the "Whoa! Cute guy alert!" part where she moves her glasses (yes, I attempted to spell out her sound effects several times but decided it was in everyones best interest to leave that out of this post.)

I'm so excited! I hope the show isn't a huge let down! It premieres tomorrow, don't miss it!! Cause then you probably won't know what's going on in my blog, cause I will most likely be talking about it for days.

Annnnnyways, as I was saying before the trailer got me all sidetracked...
I've been feverishly looking at pictures of Zooey lately. And after a while of doing that I thought of a really cool challenge for myself...pick 7 pictures/outfits of hers that I adore and try and recreate them with what I have in my closet. A week of lookin' like Zooey is a week of lookin' and feelin' freaking awesome. And I love getting inspiration for others and using stuff I already have in my closet but mixing pieces in ways that I wouldn't think to do myself. I've actually found some of my favorite outfits by doing that! So I started "pinning" (don't know about pinterest? sorry, I'm not gonna explain it) lots of photos of Zooey....and then I realized, this isn't going to be that hard of a challenge. Why didn't anyone ever tell me that I have lots of Zooey pieces in my closet? C'mon guys, help a fan-girl out!

Soooo, are you so excited to see my Zooey-look-alike outfits? You better be. I think I may start tomorrow.


Oh, and Zooey. Zooey. Zooey. Just so that you have to read that name 3 more times, because I don't think I said it enough in this post. (Yep, sorry about that.)

1 comment:

  1. Nancy Pants-
    Thank you from the depths of my heart for posting this. As you may or may not know, I LOVE Zooey as well. When I got my hair cut last summer, I brought in a picture of Zooey as an example for the stylist.

    Anyways, I totally would have missed this show tonight! I knew it was coming on this fall, but I didnt know when, and would not have known about it.

    So, thanks for this update.

    ReplyDelete