Saturday, September 10, 2011

what we did in philly: old city stuff

We cleaned our apartment from head to toe yesterday. It felt so good to have the entire thing completely cleaned. When I clean during the week, I do an area a day (if at all, who am I kidding? Haha). And we're slobs, so we rarely have the entire place clean at the same time. In celebration of our work, we went out for burgers and beer at Eulogy.

We discovered Eulogy when we first came here to look for apartments. We asked the guy working the desk at our hostel where we could get a burger near by and he sent us to Eulogy. We loved the burgers and their huge, and I mean HUGE, selection of beer. It's crazy. Over 300 bottled beers and 21 draft beers.
We've been wanting to go back ever since and have just now made it out there.
Ryan got a Founder's Dirty Bastard (cause we love our Michigan roots) and I went for something a little girly with a Timmerman's. I don't remember the name, but it was a lambic beer...raspberry :)


After dinner, we walked over to the Franklin Fountain. Which is only the most adorable ice cream and soda shop ever. Maybe I only think that because I really should have been raised in the 50s. But seriously, this place was like my heaven. I took lots of pictures in there. All with my Diana cam. Anyways, we split the Mount Vesuvius because that's what they are kind of known for.

AND OH MY GOODNESS. It was MARVELOUS. I loved every. single. creamy, fudgey, brownie-ey, homemade ice cream and whipped cream goodness filled bite. One of my ideal desserts for sure. Aaaand now my mouth is watering.

Best date night in a while. [Actually, only date night in a while]

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I have so many comments to this one. First of all, when you say that you clean an area a day do you mean that you zone clean? I ZONE CLEAN! Monday: Kitchen, Tuesday: Living Room, Wednesday: Office/Guest Room, Thursday: Nursery, Friday: Master, Saturday: Bathroom and Hall, and Sunday: Day of Rest : ) Obviously there are things in those rooms that I have to clean everyday like the dishes or making our bed but on the room's specific day I make it flawless (cleaning windows, vacuuming, washing sheets, dusting, etc.). I wonder if we got this from mom with her one day of the week laundry. Although, I do laundry almost everyday.

    Next comment...Ryan got one of Dan's all time favorite beers. I think he tried it for the first time a few months ago when we went to Bagger Dave's. He's not a Bagger Dave's fan except for that beer : ) Hope Ryan liked it.

    Moving on...you were meant to be raised in the 50's and I was meant to be raised in San Diego...interesting. I can go to San Diego but I'm afraid you can't go to the 50's...bummer.

    Finally, I love the looks of that dessert! What made it their specialty? And I also love you watch, where'd you get it?

    ReplyDelete