Friday, September 23, 2011

linvilla orchards

Did you watch New Girl? Did you love it? More importantly did you LOVE Zooey Deschanel? Super adorable, right? I'm so excited for this show, I was not disappointed at all by the pilot. Well...maybe a little bit but that's only because I watched the trailer like 8 times a day, so I had all the funny parts memorized. And the ending, when all the boys sing to her? Awwww, loved it! By the way, you're welcome.

"Project: Transform My Closet into Zooey Deschanel's" is in full force and going good. Except, my computer is refusing to open files on my memory stick. Which is odd. It's only for one of them, and of course it's the one that I took pictures of my outfits on. So....you can just trust me that I'm awesome.

The first day I remade this outfit:
I didn't love my remake. Probably won't wear it again. Mostly because I couldn't find my solid navy blue tights, so I had to go with my lace ones. and patterned tights were not the look I was going for.

Day 2, I remade this outfit:
And it was a huge success. I wore a red sweater instead, because I have red shoes similar to her green ones. And black shorts. I loved it. Which is more than I can say for our sushi meal. Eww. I have tried and tried to make myself like sushi, but UGH! I don't know how people love it. (At least it only cost us like $11, thanks to our AMAZING Groupon...$1 for $50 worth of sushi!!)


In other news, I took Ryan on a little surprise date last week...to an apple orchard!! Mostly because I was really wanting some warm donuts and cider, but also because I knew it would be fun and a little taste of our Michigan home. And lucky for you, the pictures from it are on an acceptable memory stick.


And then we got there and they were out of donuts for the day and I cried.

Well, almost. But I most definitely cried on the inside. So, we settled and got 2 cookies instead. AND GET THIS...Ryan got chocolate chip and I didn't!! What has happened to this world I thought I knew?


And we also each got a little treat. I got caramels, because I love caramels and it seemed fitting for an apple orchard treat. Ryan got those candy buttons on paper because he is still a 5 year old at heart (I've mentioned this before). He seriously LOVES those things, and we both got so excited when we saw them. Hahaha.
Yummy

Silly

Then we walked around. And fed some baby deer!! Awww!!

And...uh...the end.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm....o.k. so it took my comment and even posted me as Rachel. So here we go....
    1. I can picture your "Zoey outfits" in my head and they look lovely :) Good job!
    2. I love the rock wall background in your orchard picture. It looked like a really cool orchard.
    3. Those pies looked expensive!!
    4. I would have really cried if they were out of donuts!! That is not cool when they know it is "orchard visiting season" to run out of warm donuts....come on people. Remember me sharing about my "blue hubbard squash" episode at Frankenmuth....yikes! Hope they don't run out of donuts when I go to the orchard.
    5. Really Ryan...CANDY DOTS?!?! Can't even process that in my brain when caramels are available. I am with Nan on her purchase.
    6. Looks like you are still wearing your Diana camera slung around your shoulder....don't lose your lens cap. Just a reminder :)
    Thanks for posting. I enjoyed the read. Looking forward to seeing you next week. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Ryan-he is really a little boy at heart. I really would have cried if they didn't have donuts! But...you will be home soon enough and get some-in fact I will take you if you want! Hope we get to see you. Love mom (in-law:)

    ReplyDelete