Thursday, January 13, 2011

cookies and cream cupcakes

I had a hankering to bake last night. [More so than usual, because seriously, when do I not want to bake?]
All we had in the cupboards were cake mixes and that was too boring for me. I wanted something with a little more pizazz.

So here's how I jazzed things up a bit...

I started out with a box of devil's food cake mix (the small size that you can get for a buck at K-mart, heck yes!), mixed it as usual but added in some sour cream for extra moisture.

After greasing the cupcake/muffin pan, I dipped one side of 6 Oreos into the batter and placed them on the bottom of each cupcake tin.

Then I poured the batter into the cups, like usual when baking cupcakes. And put some crushed Oreos in the mix.


Baked for 20 minutes.

Let them completely cool.

Then I frosted them.

Sprinkled with some Oreo crumbs and voila!


Then I ate them.
And I liked it.

7 comments:

  1. First off, you are funny taking a picture of your timer but I LOVE the timer. Did you get it at your shower? Great idea on the cupcakes. So creative and they look yummy. Glad you enjoyed them after your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my timer too! That's why I had to include that picture, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! I'm never that inventive with cooking or baking! Did I get that timer? Maybe I just looked at it. I know you registered for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmmmy, those photos made me HUNGRY for chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did get me that timer, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you thould make these for the next bake-off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look phenomenal! MMMMM...good job on the creativity!

    ReplyDelete