Tuesday, January 4, 2011

cookies

Today was a lousy day.
Like a bring ya way down type of day.
A no-good, stinky, rotten, stupid stupid day.

Remember when I was talking about my "new direction"? Well, today was a major step in my new direction. Or well, it was supposed to be. Prior to today, things seemed to be falling into place pretty well. I was feeling confident[ish] and excited[ish]. But I came home today completely shattered and crying. I'm not sure what God is doing with me, but it. is. not. fun.

[I have a post all ready to go explaining this new direction.Which I was going to post today, but after it all came crashing down, I'll just publish it whenever I feel good and ready.]


So I came home and made cookies.
Chocolate chip cookies make everything better.



And it just so happens that I make the best chocolate chip cookies ever. I know, I know, everyone and their mom makes the best chocolate chip cookies ever. But everyone and their mom are liars. Cause I really do make the best chocolate chip cookies ever. Maaaaybe if you're lucky I'll share my recipe one day. Don't count on it though.

Remember when I had, "Less dessert" on my New Year's Resolution list? Yeah, that was funny.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man those do look delicious! Sorry you had a lousy day... hopefully tomorrow will be better, dear! :) Keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, sorry that you had a lousy day Nan. It is probably because you had such an awesome week-end and time with a good friend. A "low" usually comes after that. I agree, cookies do make EVERYTHING better :) I loved your idea of making a list for each other on the NY's resolutions. Certainly gives you good insight and good ideas for change. If you want to talk call me and fill me in on your lousy day. love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy Maureen Sannes Smith.

    You KNOW I ACTUALLY make the best chocolate chip cookies ever. How could you steal my claim?! I'm in shock.

    Haha, not really completely, but...I did not know you took that claim upon your cookies as well. We may have to have a bake-off.

    I love you. Read my email.

    ... AND respond to it before 2013 please.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and P.S.

    I LOVE YOUR BLOG. And literally read the ENTIRE thing today. All of it. From Uganda until today. Hahaha...

    I cannot believe I didn't know you were blogging. It is so much fun to read, esp. because I don't see you anymore and it reads just EXACTLY how you talk so I feel like I'm talking with you. Kinda...except this is the only way I can "say" something back. Oh well. Love you.

    ReplyDelete