Thursday, January 27, 2011

that was a bad idea

We got dumped on last night. Like over a foot of snow dumped on. I think heaven will be like that...knee deep in fresh snow. But no drivers. Especially foreign taxi drivers that spin their tires outside your building for what feels like hours. And then when you finally go out to help them, they yell at you that "they know how to drive!" and then they proceed to hit every. single. parked. car. on the street. Yeah, none of them in heaven, please.


Back to the point...there a few things in life that I like more than snow. Snow, snow, snow! So capturing the theme for this week, "happy," was going to be easy!

PRETTY SNOW!!!!

We took an afternoon stroll down to the Art Museum. When it snows real big here, people go sledding down the steps of the Art Museum. And get this...it's totally legal. Haha. I thought one would get in trouble for doing something like that, but I was informed a few weeks ago that that is far from the case. Let's just say I was blown away that something so scandalous was legal! (And to think I lost at "Never Have I Ever")



So...there were definitely people snowboarding there. And Ryan and I just had to stand back and watch. And then we were both real sad. And then, as we were began our sulky walk back home, the Red Bull truck there started playing MGMT's "Kids." Which, hello, is only the. best. song. to snowboard to. PLUS it is featured in the best snowboarding movie ever made. Ever. ("That's It, That's All." Dude. Duuuude. So good. Do yourself a favor and go watch this. Beautiful right? Told you so. And your welcome.)

So that totally bummed us out. And cast quite the gloomy shadow on the happiness that was fresh snow. Dang you Red Bull truck and your fantastic taste in music for the snowboarders. Dang you people snowboarding on the Art Museum steps [see you next snowfall]

Photobucket


7 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures. I think my entry is the complete opposite of yours though. :)

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the second shot was amazing, and the sledding is perfect! great catch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I love snow as long as I don't have to drive in it. The second picture is beautiful! Not sure I would be brave enough to snowboard down concrete steps, but the sledding looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! The second picture is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so if you put that little you capture thing on your blog does that mean your blog is suddenly "out there" for anyone to come take a look at? I mean, I know it already is, but it brings people in right? Sweet. Good pics Nan. Sad about boarding : ( I take it you don't have room for boards at your place?

    ReplyDelete